Monday, 21 September 2009
...post right now. I know I said I'd post every day and it's now been three days. I also was supposed to weigh in every Sunday morning but I completely forgot when I woke up today as I was so focused on getting to my 9 am class (on a Sunday morning!) on time.
Exercise? I went to the gym on Friday.
Food? I've been eating - mostly good stuff but some absolute crap as well. Carrot cake today. Portuguese pastry today. Lots of chocolate rolls last night. Why does eating (surely one of the most natural activities) have to involve so much drama, scrutiny and thinking?
I have no idea what I weigh at the moment - I'm guessing between 87kg and 90kg.
At present, I am:
- working full time at a job that I (most of the time) love
- organising a conference for a grassroots network to which I belong
- learning another language
- helping to organise an awards ceremony for this charity for which I'm volunteering my time
- back into taking singing classes - today was a 6 hour extravaganza (hence the 7am wake up for 9am class)
- applying for a fellowship
- applying for jobs
- applying for citizenship
- trying to talk to my family on the phone
- trying to see my friends once a week (I can't believe my life is so busy that I socialise and relax only one evening a week - usually to which I'm rushing from somewhere else)
- cleaning the bathroom - ;-)
- pretending to try to lose weight
To top it all off, the awards ceremony and the conference are 4 days apart. The fellowship application is due Friday. My classes started yesterday and I have classes Saturday afternoons and 9am-4pm Sunday as well as Monday and Wednesday evenings. I have to somehow find the time to learn an entirely new alphabet.
Amongst all the above, I need to get serious about the weight loss. I love how I look now but I know that I'll love the way the me of the future looks even more. I'm okay - I'm just tired of the last few weeks of staying about the same weight. I need to do something drastic this week to kickstart things.