Thursday 20 August 2009

More Reflections on Trousers


Today was such a wonderful day. I woke up and was able to wear size 16 trousers that properly fit for the first time in about 2 1/2 years. Do you know what my first reaction to this was? It was, 'I have to blog about this.' So I switched on my laptop, logged in and typed a few quick words before I went to work in the morning.

It put me in such a good mood for the rest of the day. I can't emphasise enough how lovely it was to wear trousers that fit properly instead of having to hitch them up constantly throughout the day even though there's a belt tightly wrapped that has gathers to get rid of the excess material. I think it's also good not to wear loose clothes - there's probably a sense of complacency about it all: 'Look how much weight I've lost' rather than 'I can't wait until these trousers are loose.' And I really can not wait until these trousers are loose so that I can remember how I felt on this day and know that I've made progress even from here.

Just now I tried on the gray formal pair that I bought on Saturday - in the same size but the top button doesn't even do up let alone the zip. I found out why. It's because it has a dropped waist so the 'waist' is really where my hips are. The place I carry most of my weight is my hips and then my lower stomach. So no wonder they don't fit yet. They're such good measurement trousers though - I can't wait until I can fit into them.
I was quite hoping that the reason was because they're accidentally mislabelled and are actually a size 14 though!

1 comment:

Nafisa2010 said...

This type of workwear trousers in the last couple of years has changed it direction for many of the styles and purposes they were designed for in the beginning. Where not talking about been seen down town with a boiler suit on and a tool belt, though nowadays you would be thought of as entertainment for a ladies hen night possibly dressed like that, but we are talking about trousers again and t-shirts and polo shirts. If you look at many of today's top workwear brands like Snickers Workwear or Dickies Workwear to name just a few.

workwear trousers